Sunday, November 23, 2008

Perfect Ending to a Perfect Weekend..




Here are some pics we haven't posted yet, from my birthday a few weeks ago. :) Enjoy!

We had an incredibly busy weekend. Herb ( our pastor) was talking at church today about how Thanksgiving is going to blow right by us, and it will be Christmas madness once again. This weekend was no exception to the busyness. Friday, after a pretty nut-so day at work, Kristin, Sarah and I enjoyed some really really good ( and loooong overdue) Little Szechuan. Oh my. Sarah, you have won me over with your orange peel beef! Good call. Of course, after feasting our tummies, we went to feast our eyes on some Twilight. Well, I have to say, the movie wasn't bad. No way it could live up to the hype. If you want a really good revue, see my friend Leah's blog. ( see our favorite spots ) I think the funniest part was being SURROUNDED by major teenage girl fans. So the crowd was pretty hyped up with clapping and screaming..... That was quite entertaining.

We spent most of Saturday with our "Asylum" group. ( ie, teenagers from our church) I got the amazing opportunity to share some of my story of bitterness and resentment, and how God revealed all of that to me. Even more so, that he showed me freedom in the midst of it. Even though I went through the "grown up" version of this, its like I am learning all over again. God is funny like that!

Fast forward to Sunday, church was awesome. I love our funny, sweet community of believers. Then a bittersweet lunch at the Varsity with Lor-ie and her family. I love Lori. I love her family. I hate goodbyes.

I ended my weekend vegging on my couch with Amanda and Sam... I love when friends don't have to say anything. It is just nice to relax and laugh, and just "be".
Happy Thanksgiving Ya'll!!



No comments: