Thursday, November 6, 2008

I am thankful...




Defintion : "Showing a grateful heart, a state of thankfulness"


So, inspired by Real Simple's article on Gratitude, and the upcoming holiday, I decided to take a minute, and make a list of a few things I am truly thankful for. You know, before everyone else does... Here goes.

1. Laughter. The ability to laugh at every day situations and most of all, myself. To be able to see the humor in every day life, and a reminder not to take myself so seriously all the time. For that I am truly thankful.

2. Changing Seasons. How awesome that God new we would need things to change. That we are so fickle we would get tired of heat, and then cold weather. How amazing it is to see leaves changing, or snow, or flowers blooming :)

3. Internet. Ok this one isn't as shallow as it may seem. I love the ability to so rapidly communicate with people I don't see often. My sister being the most important. What may seem like silly back and forth messages are giving way to a deeper relationship that means the world to me!

4. My friend Jen. I love all my friends, I know I am a blessed woman to have each of you. Jen, I single you out for a ton of reasons, mostly that it is such a miracle to be able to work side by side, day in day out ( well except Wednesdays, but usually we talk then) with someone that I count as a best friend. How grateful I am that God put us together. I think He knew we would need each other, and Lord knows we do.

5. My husband's patience. So for those of you who know Mike, you have to give him kudos. He puts up with ALOT. I don't think we would survive if he weren't so patient, and so giving, umm and humble, and FUNNY, and it goes on and on......

Alright, so I challenge you to take a minute out of your busy day and think of some things you are truly thankful for!!!


1 comment:

J Wolfe said...

You know how to make a pregnant girl tear up! I am also blessed to call you a best friend and to work so closely with you most days. I miss our days in inpatient together, but hopefully it won't be long till we can tag team with patients again! You know I love you and I pray for you, Mike and your family daily!

Jen