Sunday, January 18, 2009

Go on up to the mountain of mercy...

So, we just got back from an awesome weekend with some of our "Asylum" group in the North Georgia Mountains.  First, yes, it was freezing cold. It snowed on Saturday, and we were afraid we might not make it down the mountain this morning, but here we are, safe and sound!  Over and over, I am blown away by these "kids." I am honored at how real they are with us. I always go, hoping to show them love, and come away having learned so much from them.  From hugging trees, to playing some weird version of Cranium, to washing each others faces with snow, to sitting in a hot tub, outside in the 10 degree weather, this weekend was truly one of the best I have ever had! I can see amazing and miraculous works from God in each of them.
So, here are some pictures .... More to come!
These hand warmers came in really handy! First they helped us unfreeze the door to the cabin so that we could get in on Friday. They were also very useful at helping thaw out cheeks, noses and ears! This is my girly Becca helping me thaw out my face!
This is Ariel, hugging a tree. We were really happy that she found it!

We blindfolded some of them, and made them find their way back to the cabin, sort of. No worries, they had help. They were attached to someone who could see, but couldn't talk. Ok, maybe it wasn't fun for them, but it was entertaining for US!
Sam and I, Ping Pong, take 2!! I think we are better than we used to be, but we still STINK! Note, we play with a two-paddle method.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Hey Lacey!
I saw your blog on your facebook page. I'll add it to the others I check. Check ours out too if you would like. I've missed seeing you guys. We kind of stopped coming to church b/c Joey works Fri/Sat/Sun 7pm-7am, so I don't want to go to church by myself with Caleb. I miss it so much though. Anyways, sorry to ramble on :)