Monday, March 28, 2011

1 year ago tomorrow..

Noah was in surgery.. Heart surgery. I cannot believe it has been a year!!! My sweet, sweet little boywas born with a 4mm VSD or hole in between his ventricles. He also had a smaller hole that didn't close at birth like it should have..Everyone thought he was fragile, but not me. I knew if that little scrapper was fragile, he wouldn't be here! Noah is a fighter..always has been. From the beginning, when I was still preggo, Noah kicked harder, moved more. He basicaly flipped around like a fish or a frog ( he still does)
What an awful awful time that was, but so many people made that day , that week better! Our little group huddled in that waiting room, trying to be funny, literally shaking on the inside. Herb, Shanna, Kathi, my Dad and Betty, Mike and Me. And God, he was most definately there too. I remember sitting on the floor, outside the elevators calling my Mom, telling her he made it out.That he did well, that there was a 3 rd hole..and us both bawling like babies. ( Mom was sick, so she couldn't come) We were surrounded by people that afternoon, Jen, Kristin, Kelly, Lauren Fitzpatrick ( who probably knew and understood how I felt more than anyone else) I remember how much Noah HATED the vent.. I have never seen him shake his head so fast, trying to get rid of it. And how I felt the next time I saw him without it... All the sweet people that came to see us and love us that week Kelly J, and Brooke and Ms Beverly, Ashley C., Marilyn one of our fave NICU nurses, Tracy, Amanda and Donna Marie, who eat brought a cooler full of yummy goodness.. I am sure there were more lol....My Aunt Pam who came and took Natey the day before surgery...All of the people who were praying for my small and mighty boy!!

A year later, me and Noah, and Nathan too, still feel as surrounded and loved. It is pretty awesome! Thank you doesn't even do it justice!!

So, today we are celebrating the sweet gift of healing...inside and out. And the sweet gift of a community of people who will walk through a valley with you! And a strong little buddy, who made it all worth it.



Nathan as Woody

They LOVE the Cozy Coupe. They fight over it. ALOT.


Dear Noah,

You are such a sweet, funny little professor. I love you buddy, and I love being your Mommy! Every worry and fear I had over you, is worth it. You are so smart and so cheeky, and you are a blessed little boy to have all these people love you.

Love, Mommy

No comments: